- You are here:
- Mission & Goals
Mission & Goals
- The mission of the Pepperell Police Department is to provide the highest level of protection and service to the citizens, business people, and visitors of Pepperell.
- Members of the Pepperell Police Department shall provide safety and security for the community by enforcing the bylaws of the Town of Pepperell, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the Constitution of the United States of America.
- Members of the Pepperell Police Department shall be dedicated to provide the highest quality of public service with honesty, respect, and fairness.
- Working together with our community members, and focusing on the Pepperell Police Department’s core values of professionalism, integrity, honesty, and character, we strive to enhance the quality of life for everyone in our town.
The goals of the Pepperell Police Department are as follows:
- To identify criminal activity, pursue and apprehend criminal offenders, and proceed in the prosecution of known offenders.
- To maintain a proactive patrol and investigation force and thus reduce the opportunity to commit crime.
- To facilitate the safe movement of people and vehicles through analysis and commitment of selective traffic enforcement resources.
- To perpetuate a sound managerial environment that focuses upon Department goals and provides for career development.
- To instill public confidence in the agency by maintaining a high degree of professionalism, dedication and expertise in police service.